Inmarsat (Nyon & London)
I started working for Inmarsat in January 2016. First as an intern for the Final Year Project of my Master’s Degree in Business Decision Engineering from EPF and now as a permanent employee.
As part of the Strategy team, I work closely with key players across Inmarsat, especially in the Aviation Business Unit (ABU), to inform strategic and tactical decision-making – including insights into the market, customers and competitors.
Projects I am responsible for include:
- Market Intelligence Quarterly: Producing content for & Editing a 60 page report sent quarterly to the Aviation Leadership Team with relevant part cascaded down to the different teams of the Aviation Business Unit (230 people). This report includes financial, statistical & qualitative analysis of market data looking at Competition, Supply & Demand.
- Monthly Business Review, Aviation Market Update:}Highlighting the latest developments in the Aviation market to the company CEO, CFO & rest of the executive team.
- Market Forecasting: Full mapping of the current committed base of aircraft & forecasting market developments for next 3, 5 & 10 years. Maintaining customer, competitor, & operational databases.
- Supporting strategic planning activities with actionable recommendations: Sales & Commercial teams with day to day data needs; Sales Operations with Salesforce integration; (Technical) Marketing & In-Flight Services with market data
The key requirements of my position are:
- Profiling the Commercial Air Transport (CAT), Business and General Aviation (BGA) and Safety and Operations (SOS) markets, as well as the overall aviation connectivity competitive landscape while providing insights that support strategic decision-making and for use in internal presentations by senior leadership
- Creating and updating comprehensive industry, competitor and customer models & databases including market share, growth projections/trends and market forces.
- Performing thorough, systematic analysis of key industry trends; the general social economic and political environment; legal and regulatory issues; customers; current and potential competitors
- Providing market and competitive insights through presentations and reports to the Executive Leadership Team and various internal management teams to allow effective strategic and tactical decision-making and implementation
- Supporting the supply of the market and competitive intelligence component of strategic planning, and proactively making recommendations to management concerning key intelligence items that require further consideration
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of data sources, evaluating their credibility and potential utility, and leveraging them across the company where appropriate. If necessary developing/supporting the development of analytical/monitoring tools that establish the required data
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key internal customers to identify emerging needs and business challenges
- Working with internal business customers to enhance their use of strategic analysis and market and competitor intelligence – in particular through databases and structural reports – to ensure that appropriate communication channels are maintained
- Collaborating internally to ensure intelligence is shared with appropriate groups and individuals
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of designated markets and trends through reading reports, market research, data manipulation and financial modelling and analysis
- Liaising with the central and core function on Inmarsat competitor analysis
Euroconsult (Paris, France)
I did a six-month internship at Euroconsult in Paris as a Strategic Market Analyst in 2014.
My key activities were:
- Starting the Commercial UAV branch (as part of the Earth Observation department) with a focus on Precision Agriculture, Industrial Inspection, Environmental Monitoring & Geographical Information Systems.
- Completing a value chain analysis of the Commercial UAV market (Intervieweing commercial UAV CEOs, CTOs & CFOs) \& Derived Market Prospects to 2020
- Creating & maintaining detailed databases of more than 200 Hardware Platforms, 100 Payloads and 100 Service & Software providers.
- Performing financial analysis on key market players.
- Monitoring the market with social media (Twitter & LinkedIn).
- Attending the most important French conference on UAVs as well as the World Satellite Business Week